Thursday 3 December 2015

Grungy Christmas and some changes !

Hello and welcome ! Today we are kicking off the last challenge for 2015 and also announcing some changes. This is quite a long post so grab a cuppa and get comfy !

First of all we'd like to introduce you to the new DT members. Sharon has decided to leave and go on to other things and we wish her well and also Yvonne and Julia will be leaving us at the end of the year. So, it's a big thank you to everyone for the fabulous projects they've shared with us and a big hello to three more new teamies !

I am the wife of an amazing man, who is my biggest supporter.  We have four children and are naturally quite busy.  The stamping craze took hold of me about 15 years ago and I have loved it ever since.  It is truly my outlet from the busyness of life.  I define my style as grunge meets elegance.  Though I love distressing, I like to balance it with a touch of pretty and neatness.  In addition to stamping, I love to draw and paint and have found that mixed media allows me to blend these skills and create rich artwork, filled with depth and texture.  I am thrilled to be a part of the Stamps & Stencils DT!  What an talented group of ladies!
Branka 
Hi! My name is Branka (also known as Vintage Handmade).I am very excited and honored to be a DT member here at Stamps And Stencils! Let me introduce myself. I am a proud mom of two amazing children - a boy (18) and a girl (11) and I am a wife of a wonderful husband.  We live in a small town in Croatia in our family home, we have a huge yard and a sweet little puppy that we all love. My main profession is an interpreter/translator. In December 2013, I discovered scrapbooking/paper crafting by chance. It was love at first sight :) and it was a beginning of my art journey. My biggest love is mixed media art and art journaling and I like to mix different medium and techniques. I have so much fun in experimenting :) I started with my blog last year and my first challenge entry was in October 2014. My style is rather masculine and grunge but I try to express myself in other styles, as well. I also create cards, mini albums and journals for my friends, relatives and people I love. 
Hello There! My name is Rachel Fisher. I am a widowed mum of two beautiful girls aged 7 and 9. I love to craft and have been crafting in one form or another for most of my life. I make cards and 3D items and alter items too. I am influenced by all things Tim Holtz but also love most things painty and inky. Stamps and stencils are two of my most favourite things so I am utterly delighted to be on the design team here and hope that I can bring something useful and interesting to the team.

I hope you'll give our new teamies a warm welcome, they will be sharing their talents with you from the January challenge.

Time now to move on to the challenge for December, Julia is our host and here's what she has to say:

I love Christmas but I'm a little shy when it comes to the bling, glitter and tinsel bit. We'd like to see you step away from the normal Christmas colours and create a mixed media piece which has a real touch of grunge. Think alternative colours, layers, antiquing and all things which are not pristine red and green! Remember to add in some stamping or stencilling too!












So now it's over to you !





14 comments:

  1. Looking forward to working with you all very much....such talent! Great challenge Julia and fabulous creations from my teamies! Ruth xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am happy to be a part of such very talented and lovely group! Thank you, ladies!
    Fantastic creations! Hugs! Branka x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, so much grungy goodness on show, the projects are wonderful!

    So sorry to see that Sharon, Yvonne and Julia are leaving but a I look forward to seeing what the lovely Branka, Rachel and Autumn have in store for us in the new year! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. We will miss those who are leaving, but congratulations and welcome to all the new players! Gorgeous creations. hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great additions to your team but will sure miss the other gals too! SUPER inpirations - beautiful work by all. j.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous grungy and very different projects from the DT. Thank you for the inspiration x

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fun challenge from Julia, and great inspiration from the team. A sad farewell to those setting off, and a warm welcome to the new team members - how lovely to see you all here!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. gorgeous creations all - I can't wait to get stuck in with this one! Hugs rachel x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous to see Autumn, Branka and Rachel here as Design Team members! What an asset they will be to the team! A sad farewell to to Sharon, Yvonne and Julia--you will be missed!

    Julia, great challenge, and Design Team you have once again outdone yourself with your incredible inspiration pieces of art! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Best wishes to Sharon, Yvonne and Julia x welcome to the new team members, Autumn, Branka and Rachel.......lovely to see you here x
    A great challenge theme Julia and amazing makes by everyone on the DT x
    Sending my best wishes to all of you x have a wonderful Christmas and a Happy New Year x x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Best wishes to both the outgoing gals and the incoming gals!
    Looking forward to another year of inspiration!
    Jackie xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wonderful inspiration for my final project from these hugely talented ladies! I have had a great deal of fun working with the original S&S team and I wish the new ladies as much fun as I've had. Julia xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hallo Meggymay, you are so busy on so many blogs.... ... I scrolled a little...
    I wish you a good time until we see us again in january
    Herzlich Pippa

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the DT samples. Merry Christmas to you all, Angela x

    ReplyDelete