Thursday 11 May 2017

Welcome to today's Guest Designer, Rupa !

Today we are welcoming Rupa as our Guest Designer, who was chosen by the DT as the winner of the Chirpy, Chirpy, Cheep, Cheep challenge.



I am Rupa (45yrs) from Bangalore, India, married and blessed with 2 kids (a son and a daughter).

My interest in arts started when I got married and had to set up my own house. I had a flair for interior decoration but no formal training, which is when I started learning various forms of art and painting just to decorate “my home”! After the birth of my first son (a child with special needs) I was forced to be a stay at home mom and that’s when my passion and hobby became work too. I started taking art classes from home and have been doing so last 15 yrs and still do. My son now is 17 yrs and I have a 7yr old daughter too and my entire family is very supportive of my passion.

My entry into crafting was 5years back. I discovered my style was Vintage with lots of textures and most importantly, altered art. My USP is up cycling and have hoarded a lot of trash at home and they all get their time to get pampered and have a new lease of life. I see a canvas in any neglected item or house hold trash and love giving them a makeover. These not only serve as home decor items but also have a utilitarian value! Now that’s living your second life to the fullest! A deserving re birth, what say??? If you wish to see my works, do visit my blog at : http://rupastofa.blogspot.in/ and my FB page link is : https://www.facebook.com/Togetherforarts/?ref=bookmarks. Until my next creative journey, happy crafting and recycling.



I am so happy to be Guest Designing at Stamps and Stencils today and their challenge for this month is FABRIC/FIBRES! How interesting!
I have upcycled a liquor bottle for this project and have used lace and coconut coir for the theme.
This is the end result!

 Let’s get to the process…

First apply a base coat to the bottle. I have applied Home décor chalk paint in brown. Let dry and give a second coat.



Apply PLAID crackle medium on places of your choice. I have done on the bottle neck. Let dry completely. 



Once the crackle medium is dry, apply the top coat. I have used chalk paint here which is a vintage white. Once the top coat is applied, the cracks begin to appear. Let this dry.


 As this is drying, I have spray painted some lace in gold.






I then choose a tissue for decoupage and cut the pattern from it. Next the tissue is adhered to the bottle with modpodge. I have chosen to have the pattern on the base of the bottle. Then with complimenting acrylic colors, I create a background to blend the tissue.





I further create textures on the bottle with some stamps. Here I have used some script stamp and Archival inks and the splatter stamp too.




Once I am happy with the bottle coloring and stamping, I decide to stick the lace on. I then create depth around the lace with watery acrylic paint.






The bottle is then given a coat of varnish to seal the work. I highlight the lace further with some Inka gold.


The bottle with the golden cap is now ready to be embellished.
 



I have adhered some hand made flowers on a bed of coconut coir on the bottle. The flowers compliment the tissue design and whole bottle has a vintage weathered look. All falls in to place.




I love how this bottle turned out and this will be a proud display on my table.
I am so thankful to the entire team of STAMPS and STENCILS for having me over this month. I hope you enjoyed my post and I look forward to hear your comments.
Until my next creative journey,

Happy crafting and recycling,

Cheers,

Rupa


I'm sure you'll all agree that Rupa's altered bottle is beautiful !  Thank you Rupa for sharing such a fabulous project with us. You still have lots of time to join in with the current challenge Fabric and Fibres. 


3 comments:

  1. Thank you so so much to the entire team of Stamps and Stencils. Glad to be here this month with your challenge. I had a great time altering this bottle.Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, this is so wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rupa, this is ever so beautiful! I cannot believe how beautifully you added in the lace. Stunning and we are so thankful to have you as our guest. Hugs, Autumn

    ReplyDelete