Thursday 10 March 2016

Playing with brushos and distress crayons

Good Morning all! Rachel here today to share a Spring themed post using some lovely Paperartsy stamps and also brushos and the lovely new distress crayons from Tim Holtz. I hope you will be inspired by my work and do some playing yourself!


I started off with an a4 piece of water colour card, archival ink, stamps, distress crayons and brushos.


I started by stamping the images in archival ink on the water colour card.


Next I sprinkled yellow, leaf green and emerald green brushos on the bottom area of the page and spritzed with water.



This is the result once dried. next I repeated the process in the top of the page using turquoise and ultra-marine. Again I spritzed and dried.



This is what the page looked like then - next I added some colour to the flowers using distress crayons - I added the colour to the small parts of the flower then used a wet brush to drag the colour around.


The flower at the bottom has had the colour dragged whereas the top flower hasn't. 


I added green distress crayon to the stalks.


A yellow crayon was added to these flowers and the colour dragged with a wet brush.


This is the final page with all the elements coloured with the distress crayons - I think they work really well with the brushos - what do you think?

I hope this has given you a few ideas about the new distress crayons and also brushos.

Big hugs and thanks for your company!

Why not join us for this months challenge which is Spring is in the Air!

Hugs

Rachel x




11 comments:

  1. You put me in the mood for colouring, Rachel :-) I love your flowers!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful Rachel, great step by step instructions.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's gorgeous Rachel! Love the techniques you've used, mixing different products so perfectly to get a great end result. Thanks for sharing Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful Rachel ! The colours and flowers give a real Spring feel to your page. Sue C x

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pretty, you've made me want some for sure! Thanks for sharing, Rachel!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful and inspirational post, Rachel! The coloring result is awesome! I want these crayons!
    Thanks for sharing! Hugs! Branka x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'll never be tired of Brushos... You made a wonderful combination here, Rachel, thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely work Rachel! I love Brushos they work beautifully in your background. Just waiting for my Distress crayons to arrive, you've certainly inspired me to have a play ! Toni xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm fascinated by the distress crayons, such a besutiful effect combined with brushos. A lovely use of Kay's stamps, such a pretty effect Rachel Hugs Ruth x

    ReplyDelete