Thursday 8 February 2018

A collage using tando birds

Hello there! Its Rachel here today with an inspirational post using some of the Tando Whimsical birds to make a collage.


These super cute birds come in sets, this is from set 2 which also has a smaller sized birds...


The packs contain enought bodies etc for 3 big and 3 small birds which you can mix and match according to your own design. I thought it would be fun to use these on this months project.


Having pushed out all of my birds I assembled them - then disaasembled for painting...


I chose threes colours and painted all parts then added detailing using a Kay Carley stencil. Next I made the background....


I randomly cut some Clarity Shenandoah papers nd affixed them to a piece of card overlapping where I felt like it. Once complete I used glue and seal all over to ensure the papers stayed put.


Next I added plant details using opaque texture paste and another Kay Carley stencil.


apologies for the colours here - this one was taken in the dark and I don't think my flash works well. I used some Kay Carley stamps and added more white bu stamping with gesso.


Finally I added the birds and some words from TH clippings....


Here's a close up!

I hope you enjoyed seeing those birds come to life!

Hugs Rachelxxx








15 comments:

  1. so cute!! love the colours too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous fun project, cute quirky birds and you’ve matched the stencilled paste background and papers brilliantly! Really like this Rachel.....and it’s blue and green! :)) Hugs Ruth xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. A fabulous piece Rachel, love the colours and texture and the addition of these lovely birds!
    Lula xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh! Love these fun birds! The blue and green background looks great! Chrisx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love these cute birds!!! :D
    Thank you Rachel for the inspiration, really lovely page.
    Corinne x

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is fabulous Rachel, I love the background you have created and your little birds are brilliant.
    Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
    x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous background Rachel x Perfect for these super cute whimsical birds...Love it !!!

    TFS Annie x

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so much fun. Love the colours and those quirky birds make me smile.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks so much everybody for your kind words!!! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Absolutely beautiful Rachel, totally love the birds,and the background is fabulous, super colours, brilliant design, Kate x x

    ReplyDelete
  11. I really love how you created the background and those birds are just the cutest ever! A wonderful creation! Hugs, Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks Anne and Kate - you really are very kind xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Super fun and quirky :) xo Cheetarah

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fabulous project Rachel, love the pieced background and the birds are wonderful ! Sue C x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow! They certainly do come to life ! Fabulous work Rachel . I love the background and the cheeky birds are just fab !

    ReplyDelete