Thursday 10 May 2018

Another Brick in the Wall



Hi guys! Lula with you today to share another variation of our current challenge theme
Let's fake it.                 .
This time I was trying to build the wall on my birthday card.
The bricks stencil is one of my favourite item and creating a faux brick wall is easy!

I started with stenciling heavy coarse structure paste  onto gessoed piece of cardstock.




Loving my Gelatos it was sure I would use them to colour the bricks.



I  coloured  the rest of my background with Ecolines.




I added more gesso to the joints  between the bricks and started to put the canvas petals together.



The leaves were die cut and stamped with my favourite texture stamp.



Still not very happy with the wall I outlined the bricks with black Derwent Inktense pencil.




Finally I was pleased with the result!
To finish off this project I added a button to the flower, some moss to the leaves and a few touches of gesso to the leaves. The sentiment was stamped too.

I hope I've inspired you a bit today. We can't wait to see your  gorgeous projects.
Remember to use stamps or stencils or both!






3 comments:

  1. That's fabulous Lula! Great texture and perfect colours. Thanks for sharing your process. Toni x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful inspiration and what a fabulous brick wall....Thank you x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous result Lula, the bricks have so much texture and the colours are wonderful ! Sue C x

    ReplyDelete